BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Peacin Out


In roughly two hours I will be flying out of Missoula on my way to Sitka, Alaska.

My new adventure will consist of three months working at Talon Lodge, a fishing resort and spa.
This Lodge is on an island 10 minutes off of Sitka and I could probably run around the entire island in 15min (I'm a slow runner). My job title for the summer will be "House Keeper, Waitress, Bartender and General Lackey".
Summer in Alaska as we all know is quite different from anywhere else in the states. It will be light out...ALWAYS!!! But won't get much hotter than 70f, most of my summer will be spent inside the lodge anyway so no summer tan for me! The fishing season ends the beginning of September so I will be returning home on the 6th.
I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible, but I'm not exactly sure how much time I really will have. PLEASE write me though, I know I'll love getting mail and hearing updates from people even if I can't always reply. Also, please keep me in your prayers as this will most likely be the most intense summer....EVER.....yeah.
I hope you all have a wonderful summer, enjoy the warmth for me! Stay safe and make good decisions :)


0 comments: