BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Just Another Chapter

Well, as most of you know, I'm home!!! I got back from Alaska last Sunday night and was greeting by my little sister Katherine, dressed up like a total redneck. It was good to see. Everyone came over for dinner and we spent a nice evening catching up.

It's weird being back. I went from working 60+ hours per week to...well not working at all. I have no car, and I'm sharing a room with three of my sisters, and my closet and dresser are in my little brother Josh's room. If you had asked me in the middle of my summer if I thought I had any privacy or space on the island, I probably would've laughed very loudly and said HECK NO!!! But, looking back and comparing..... I had more than I thought. All in all it was a great summer. Obviously it had its rough and tuff moments, but hey, that's life. I liked it enough to re-up. I'll be going back next May for another 4months! I had a great time with co-workers and can't wait to have another summer with them. It was definitely hard living in such a small area, but really, we were kept so busy that it didn't really matter all that much! We went into town when we could, but for me at least, most of my down time I was either napping or journaling or doing photography/sketching.
My body is still on "Lodge Time", so I wake up at about 5am every morning and after a little bit of confusion, I realize I can go back to sleep and can get up whenever I please :) .....which still is fairly early.
I decided I needed something to occupy all of my down time, so I went and joined the womens club (the gym) with my little sister Katherine. I'm taking Katherine to England at the end of October for three weeks, and we of course have to go fall shopping before hand, but before shopping, one has to be in good shape! So we've been at the gym everyday for about an hour. It feels great actually, mainly because we get to swim whenever we want! Besides jumping into the freezing cold Alaskan ocean, I didn't do any swimming this summer.

This coming weekend I will be going to Nashville to visit my friend Emily and the following weekend I will be in Kansas City Missouri visiting my friend Melissa! I'll be home for most of October waiting around for my sister to have her baby!!! And then England for three weeks. So I'm keeping myself as busy as possible.

Not sure if I told everyone yet, but I'm going to be attending a photography school in Kona Hawaii this January. It's run by University of the Nations YWAM and is three months long. I'm very very excited for this. That will take me through till the beginning of April, give me a month of "whatever" and then I'll be back in Alaska!!! It all goes by so fast!!!

I'll still be updating every now and again as my travels go. Hopefully starting a photography blog as well as soon as I can. I'll keep ya'll informed!

0 comments: