BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 26, 2010

72 days and counting!




I've been here a few days over a month now, which means 2 and 1/2 more months before home!!!!

Everyday is pretty much the same. Wake up, breakfast service, clean, sleep, dinner service, clean, sleep and on to the next day.
So far the guests have been pretty easy, a few picky people here and there. We've had a few kids come through with the parents and that always throws in a whole new dynamic! But the fishing has been great and people have been happy with their results for the most part.
I've made some great connections with people in California, Hawaii, Cabo, Guam, New York etc. So if I'm ever in need of work anywhere else, I'm pretty set I guess :)
I've had fresh crab, I've filleted fish, I've eaten home made tamales (which were delectable) and today I ate Octopus...it was a bit too chewy for me.
World Cup has been taking up all of my spare time, sadly the only Red Sox game I'll be able to watch is on July 3rd, it's the only one they are actually airing on Direct TV....lame....
Today is my 13th day off coffee!!!! I'm still working through the withdrawal headaches and all, it also screwed up my sleeping pattern, but in the long run it needed to be done for sure.
The weather has been pretty pathetic. Wind, Rain, Clouds, Cold, No Bueno. I need sunshine.
Missing everyone back home and anything that isn't on this 8 acre island.
Fact: The other day I was told to grab my camera and come outside, only to find a sailboat floating by with a hot tub being pulled behind carrying 3 people inside!!!!

0 comments: