BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 19..... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!!!


It seems like I've been here for FOREVER! Not in a bad way, just that I'm very familiar with my surroundings, I'm in a routine and it feels like I've been here waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than just 19 days. 91 more days to go....wow.

We've just sent off our third group, which was also our largest group thus far with 18 people. And our 4th group will arrive this evening holding only 13 guests I believe. This last group was a bit of a rough start, but after the first day and getting to know the guests a little better, I started enjoying their presence a bit more :) It was definitely our "high maintenance" group for sure! Part of the group were these 4 people, 1 40yr old Asian woman (Jessica) who at ALL TIMES, wanted hot water ready and waiting for her to drink, and then 3 guys all in their mid to late 40's who worked for Monster and Redbull. Jessica is the provider of caffeine for all of these companies. After figuring out how to please Jessica (the guys were pretty low key) it all went smoother.
It was my first week running the bar all by myself as well and I do believe it went quite nicely. People didn't have any complaints and I was able to make all the drinks correctly without to much cheating (Mr Bostons Bartending Guide)

Yesterday was my day off and I was not looking forward to it AT ALL, mainly because the 3 previous days all it had done was storm! But after waking up at 4:30 am because my body clock hates me, I slept until about 5/6 on and off. I opened my door to find that it was a FREAKING GORGEOUS day!!!!!! Sunny and at least 70 degrees. I spent my day out in the sun watching the chefs fillet fish and playing with my new buddy, Duke, down at the beach and running through the woods. I also got in some good art time as well. Very relaxed.
Today is, as I was saying, the day were one group leaves and the next rolls in. We call this "transition day". So after cleaning all the rooms and the lodge and getting rain gear ready for the next group, we have a long afternoon off!!!!!!

Not too much out of the ordinary has happened really since my last post. Friends of Phil and Gwen (Boss and wife) have been here for the last week and will be staying another week. Doug is a photographer and came here with Chef Sam Choy and Meg (Doug's wife) just came along for the ride. It's been great having them around, they're a ton of fun and Meg bought me 6 of the Starbucks Double Shots, so she's definitely a favorite ;)
Sam Choy was here for about a week and joined our two chefs in the kitchen. The man is amazing!!! He also offered all of us girls jobs at his new restaurant in Kona. He has 7 other restaurants world wide and has some serious skill. He kept us all very entertained whilstl he was here and the stress levels in the kitchen were at there lowest level yet.

Oooo I learned out to make a new kind of margarita! Instead of just Tequila and lime and all the usual stuff, it's Tequila, Frozen Limeade, half of a beer! and then triple sec and sugar, all blended! Amazingly tasty. The whole beer thing put me off at first, but you can't really notice it.

Tim (the lodge caretaker) just brought the mail from mainland and I got my package from home!!!!! Very excited :)
Hope everything is going well with you all. I miss you all a ton! Write me!!!!

0 comments: